OBJECTIVES OF SOCIETY, MEANS
OF IMPLEMENTATION AND SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES
The Society shall promote the following objectives:
- Contributing towards the industrial and construction development in the country.
- Contributing towards regulating the engineering practice and raising its standards in association with other competent parties.
- Advocating the professional interests and rights of its members.
- Bolstering the associations of amity and fellowship among its members.
- Strengthening relationships and promoting scientific and technical co-operation between engineers in Bahrain and their colleagues in Arab countries and all over the world.
- Conducting academic and practical research and promoting them by way of publication, competitions, conferences, lectures and academic visits, as well as exchanging information between the Bahrain Society of Engineers and counterpart societies in other countries.
- Delegating arbitrators and opinion experts in engineering issues if commissioned to do so.
- Encouraging professional engineering training and development in Bahrain by using all available means and methods.
- Maintaining the code of ethics of the engineering practice and its conduct practices.
The Society shall endeavour to attain its objectives through the following methods:
- Staging engineering conferences, seminars and exhibitions in a regular manner.
- Organising engineering and administrative courses to train members and develop their skills and knowledge.
- Organising lectures and field visits for its members.
- Compiling and disseminating publications, newsletters, booklets, documents and studies among its members.
- Establishing an information bank for the members’ recruitment system.
- Providing financial assistance to implement training and development programmes to its members within the resources available to the Society.
- Engaging in information campaigns to educate the members of the public at large on the Society’s activities by publishing a newsletter highlighting members’ issues and featuring the Society’s news in the local press.
- Affording the opportunity to exchange engineering and scientific information through various media.