SPECIALIST ASSOCIATIONS AND CHAPTERS
Specialist engineers in a certain engineering or professional discipline or engineers who have been working for no less than one year in the same specialisation or discipline shall have the right to establish associations or chapters within the framework of the Bahrain Society of Engineers, each in their respective disciplines, according to the following requirements:
- The number of members in any of the engineering or professional specialisation shall not exceed fifteen members.
- The Board of Directors of the Bahrain Society of Engineers shall approve the establishment of associations or bonds after receiving a written application signed by those members.
- Each association or branch shall be given a name, as follows: The association or chapter (specialisation) of the Bahrain Society of Engineers.
Associations and bonds shall be an integral part of the Bahrain Society of Engineers.
Membership in the Society shall be a condition precedent for membership in the association or chapter. A member who forfeits membership in the Society for any reason whatsoever shall be deemed to have forfeited membership in the association or chapter.
The expanded meeting of any specialised association or chapter shall convene at least one meeting every year under the supervision of the Bahrain Society of Engineers in the presence of a representative of the Board of Directors. The administrative committee of the association or chapter shall notify the Board of Directors of the date of the expanded meeting at least two weeks before such meeting is held.
The affairs of each association or chapter shall be managed by an administrative committee consisting of one of the Board of Directors of the Society, who will be appointed by the Board of Directors, and from three to seven members to be elected members by secret ballot the association or chapter in the expanded meeting of its members. Responsibilities will be allocated among members of the Committee during its first meeting after being elected. No member may be nominated as member of the Administrative Committee for more than three successive ordinary terms.
Bye-laws shall be laid down to organise the affairs of the specialised association or chapter, to be approved during its expanded meeting, provided that they shall not conflict with the provisions of the Constitution of the Society and shall be submitted for the Board of Directors for approval.
The objectives of the associations or chapters shall be as follows:
- Academic: Encouraging scientific engineering studies and research and organising engineering seminars and lectures on engineering disciplines and such other activities which aim at upgrading the standards of the specialisation in Bahrain.
- Professional: Participating, with the Board of Directors of the Society, in organising and running the affairs of the members of the same specialisation.
- The revenues of the associations or chapters shall be included in the Society’s overall revenues.
- The Board of Directors of the Society shall specify the required financial assistance for the associations and chapters, each according to its activity, and according to the financial resources available to the Society.
The association or chapter shall be autonomous in its activities and action within the framework of the Society’s overall policies, and without conflicting with the Society’s moral and financial obligations.
Each specialist association or chapter shall submit an annual report about its activities to the Board of Directors of the Society.